Every visit to the Texas State Aquarium is a new and exciting discovery! Experience daily dive shows, animal feedings, training sessions, and “hands on” programs with sharks and stingrays. Relax in our underwater dolphin room or cool off with a treat from the Pepsi Shoreline Grill. With so much to see and do… what are you waiting for? Purchase tickets online or at the admissions desk and start your adventure now!
Below are our daily admission prices, hours of operation, H-E-B Splash Park hours of operation, tips for a great visit, and a map of our facility to help you plan your visit.
Hours of Operation
|September 5 through February 28|
Monday – Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed November 28 – December 2 and Christmas Day.
H-E-B Splash Park Hours
The H-E-B Splash Park closed for the season on Monday, October 3, 2016. It will reopen in March 2017.
|Prices||In Person||Online Mon.-Fri. ONLY||Sat-Sun.|
|Adult (13 & Up):||$23.95||$20.95||$23.95|
|Senior (65 & Up):||$21.95||$18.95||$21.95|
|2 and Under:||Free||Free||Free|
Prices are subject to change.
Tortuga Cay and Otter Creek will be off exhibit starting January 3 for approximately two weeks for renovations and repairs. Thank you for your patience as we work to make the Aquarium the best it can be!
Military discounts available with advance purchase of tickets at the following MWR/ITT offices: Fort Hood, Fort Sam Houston, Lackland Air Force Base, Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, Naval Air Station Kingsville and Randolph Air Force Base
Gift Shop/Food Court/Handicapped Accessible
Strollers and wheelchairs available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis. | Service animals only
The Texas State Aquarium is a member of the AZA Reciprocity Program. Members of participating institutions will receive up to two admission tickets at the discounted rate. The discount is only available onsite and you must present your valid membership card from a participating institution along with a photo ID. Please call before your visit to confirm discount. Click here for more info.
Tips for a Great Visit
- Check out our program schedule and map to plan your visit.
- Arrive early for Dolphin, Wild Flight and dive presentations.
- When possible, bring baby backpacks or baby slings instead of strollers to get through crowded areas with ease.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Check weather, as some of our presentations and exhibits are outdoors.
- To avoid big crowds during the summer months, try visiting during the week. Busiest times to visit are 11 a.m. through 3 p.m.
- Many schools schedule field trips for April and May. Visit after 1 p.m. to avoid larger groups.
- To avoid long lines at the ticket counter, become a Member of the Aquarium.