Caribbean Journey Now Open
Caribbean Journey is a Texas-sized expansion that offers an adventure-packed marine voyage through jungles and coral reefs filled with astonishing flora and fauna. At the jungle level, pathways wind in and around habitats teeming with flamingos, a toucan, a sloth, and other exotic wildlife. In the underwater level, fascinating creatures including sandbar sharks, barracudas, and other aquatic species swim among vibrant coral and a sunken Spanish shipwreck. A 4D theater is the first to premier BBC Earth's “Shark” film, with unique special effects. Caribbean Journey will inspire guests and leave them with a greater appreciation of our seas and the need to preserve them for future generations.
There are two parking lots for the Aquarium. The main parking lot is located in front with additional parking to the right.
Hours of Operation
Summer hours: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. daily
Fall hours (Begins August 21): 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Days
H-E-B Splash Park Hours
Summer hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily
Fall hours (September 04 - October 01): 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays only
Closed for the season on October 02
Daily Admission Prices
|Adult (13 & Up):||$34.95|
|Senior (65 & Up):||$32.95|
|Military or Student:||$32.95|
|Child 2 and under:||Free|
*4D Theater and other presentations are included in admission ticket. Ticket allows for reentry on same day.
Prices are subject to change.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 11 am and 4 pm
$24.95/person plus your admission
Military discounts available with advance purchase of tickets at the following MWR/ITT offices: Fort Hood, Fort Sam Houston, Lackland Air Force Base, Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, Naval Air Station Kingsville and Randolph Air Force Base
Gift Shop/Food Court/Handicapped Accessible
By entering, you consent to your voice and photography being used without compensation in any and all media and marketing materials, and you release the Texas State Aquarium from any liability of usage.
Strollers and wheelchairs available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis. | Service animals only
The Texas State Aquarium is a member of the AZA Reciprocity program. Members of participating institutions will receive up to two admission tickets at the discounted rate. The discount is only available on-site and you must present a valid membership card and photo id in order to receive the discount. Please call before visiting to confirm your discount. Click here for more information.
Tips for a Great Visit
- Check out our program schedule and map to plan your visit.
- Arrive early for Dolphin, Wild Flight and dive presentations.
- When possible, bring baby backpacks or baby slings instead of strollers to get through crowded areas with ease.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Check weather, as some of our presentations and exhibits are outdoors.
- To avoid big crowds during the summer months, try visiting during the week. Busiest times to visit are 11 a.m. through 3 p.m.
- Many schools schedule field trips for April and May. Visit after 1 p.m. to avoid larger groups.
- To avoid long lines at the ticket counter, become a Member of the Aquarium.
- Print out our handy map and bring it with you or just a look.