Make an additional donation to help sponsor a child or help support our education programs.
- January through May are busy months, so book your visit 1-2 months in advance. Have 2-3 options for field trip dates.
- Book buses after receiving your field trip confirmation.
- Download a Field Trip Packet (includes planning information, behavior agreement, Gift Shop pre-order form, Subway pre-order form, and map).
- Teachers may schedule a planning visit to the Aquarium prior to a reserved visit.
- Each group of 10 students must be accompanied by a teacher or chaperone at all times and in all areas of the Aquarium. Minimum chaperone age is 18.
- One teacher or chaperone for every ten students will be admitted free of charge; additional teachers and chaperones will be charged the adult group rate.
- Assign your groups to teachers/chaperones prior to arrival. Teachers/chaperones must keep their group together and are responsible for student conduct.
- Discuss the chaperone expectations with all chaperones and make sure they understand their responsibilities.
- Carefully review the “Behavior Agreement” with your students and chaperones. Send information home to parents. Sign and fax "Behavior Agreement" (page 3) prior to your visit.
- Call to confirm date, program, and student numbers one week before your visit.
- Check any clothing and shoe requirements for programs.
- Provide nametags and matching shirts to help keep groups together.
- Chaperones, we recommend that you do not bring other children with you. This will make it easier for you to chaperone your students.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled entrance time.
- The Aquarium does not have storage space. Please leave coolers, lunches, and personal belongings on the bus.
- Assemble your group at the Bus Loading and Unloading Zone (or at SeaLab).
- Please note the late arrival/cancellation policy.jump to Late Arrival/Cancellation Policy section below
- There is no parking fee for buses. Buses, after unloading the students, will be directed to park underneath the Harbor Bridge.
- The group leader will receive one free parking token per 10 paying people for chaperones in private vehicles. Please ask your group leader for the parking token. Additional tokens may be purchased for $5.00 per vehicle at the Member’s Desk.
- Please bring your confirmation letter.
- The Group Leader is expected to make one payment for the entire group and is responsible for collecting and counting any cash.
- Please make your school or organization check payable to the Texas State Aquarium. Credit cards accepted with proper ID: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- No personal checks or school purchase orders will be accepted.
- No additional coupons, passes, or other discount offers can be applied to the Education Group Discount.
- No Personal Membership privileges can be applied to the Education Group discount.