SeaCamp Scholarship Program
The Texas State Aquarium is offering an exciting summer camp experience for a select number of Coastal Bend children. Full and partial scholarships are available for children to attend SeaCamp, thanks to generous support from the Blanche Moore Foundation. During this fun-filled, hands-on, week-long day camp, children will connect with nature and all the animals that call the Texas State Aquarium home.
SeaCamp includes a complimentary t-shirt. Participants must bring their own lunch. For camps involving an overnight stay, one dinner, breakfast, and lunch will be provided. Transportation is NOT provided and remains the responsibility of the participant. Students interested in applying for a scholarship should have positive classroom behavior, an interest in learning, and passing grades. Selection will be made on demonstration of financial need, teacher recommendation and enrollment at a Title I school (preferred).
- Complete the online application. An application must be completed for each child interested in attending camp. All applicants are considered individually without regard to the submission of applications by friends or relatives.
- We are still accepting applications at this time. Applications will continue to be accepted until all funding is awarded.
- A separate teacher recommendation is REQUIRED for all applicants (see below). Teacher recommendations may be submitted by any of the student's current teachers, but submission by the child's science teacher is preferred. Applications with no teacher recommendation will not be considered. Student name and school name on teacher recommendations must match the application. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
- First round notifications will be delivered by the Texas State Aquarium via mail or email by April 1, 2013. Spaces are non-transferable.
- Teacher recommendations may be submitted by any of the student's current teachers, but submission by the child's science teacher is preferred. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted. If you are a home school teacher/parent, another home school teacher must fill out the recommendation for your child.
- Complete the online recommendation. Teacher recommendations with no corresponding application will not be considered. Student name and school name on teacher recommendations must match the application submitted by the parent.
- First round of selections will begin the week of March 18th. Applications will continue to be accepted until all funding is awarded.